Key Policies for Graduate School Personal Statement Appointments
- Although Specialist (STAFF) appointments could go up to 50 minutes, Tutor (PEER) appointments could go as long as 60 minutes.
- Appointments are limited to 1 per day and 10 per quarter for Specialists and unlimited for Tutors
- Students who do not show up to their appointment will be blocked from making appointments for 48 hours. Please contact our front desk if you had an emergency and couldn’t make your appointment. They may be able to clear the penalty from your account and allow you to make an appointment.
- Students can book appointments up to 72 hours in advance (not including holidays and weekends)
- If you recently graduated, you can book up to 5 appointments on the personal statement calendar for one extra quarter (based on availability). For example, if you graduated spring 2022, you may see a specialist up until the end of summer 2022. If you have trouble with accessing the calendar, please email Kevin Sitz or the writing specialist you prefer to work with directly.
If you want help on your graduate school personal statement, you can ONLY book your appointment on the Graduate School Personal Statement calendar. You may also use this calendar to book for transfer essays along with program application essays (e.g., the UC transfer application). If you book on the general writing appointment calendar, your appointment may be cancelled. Note: personal statements for UCD classes (e.g., UWP 104) should be booked on the Appointment with a Writing Specialist or Tutor calendar or the Submit Writing for Feedback calendar.
Due to AATC and University policy, you should not misrepresent yourself on the calendar (e.g., signing up for a graduate school statement on the Online Writing Appointment calendar and saying it is for a scholarship or booking an appointment for a friend using your account). Using your account in this way could result in consequences that limit your access to our system.
If none of our writing support options work for you or you have technology issues, please email Kevin Sitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Graduate School Personal Statement Appointments CalendarClick on each topic below to learn more about how to book an appointment. Please familiarize yourself with our policies before your first appointment.