MDTP diagnostic readiness tests are used formatively in classrooms, departments, and schools to promote and support student readiness and success in college mathematics courses.
Teachers use MDTP diagnostic tests to inform and enhance their classroom teaching practices.
Departments and schools use MDTP diagnostic tests to collectively shape instruction, assessment, support and intervention, and policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which MDTP test should I administer?
- Please use this URL to view the list of grade-level assessments of preparedness and course-level readiness tests: https://mdtp.ucsd.edu/assessments/readiness-tests.html
- When should I administer the test(s)?
- Teachers often administer tests near the beginning of the course to help identify curriculum areas that need review, during courses to measure growth from the beginning of the year, and/or near the end of the course to help students prepare for the next mathematics course
- How do I order testing materials?
- Visit the main site and submit the form online, or call our office and someone will help you with your order (530) 754-9504
- Is there a cost to use MDTP testing materials?
- MDTP provides online testing and paper testing and services to California secondary educators free of charge.
- Does MDTP have written response questions?
- Teachers can go to the link http://mdtp-wri.ucsd.edu/register to request MDTP Written Response Items. Each item provides a downloadable PDF file that contains the item for reproduction and distribution to your students, an Essential Statement containing additional information about the question prompts and ideas for classroom extensions of the question, the MDTP generalized scoring rubric applicable to all MDTP written response questions; and the specialized scoring rubric created specifically for that particular item
- How long does it take to process an order for online testing access or paper testing?
- Per the conditions of the CSU/UC MDTP agreement, we do our best to process all orders usually within two days of receipt of requests. For online testing, educators generally receive full access within 48 hours after receiving the online request. For paper testing we can either mail the testing materials to you or you can pick them up in our office on the UC Davis Campus. Please take into consideration weekends and holidays when ordering materials to be shipped out and returned to your respective sites.
- Do you offer testing materials for non-English speakers?
- Yes! We offer several tests in Spanish: pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and second-year algebra readiness. Spanish versions are available online and in paper tests.
- How long does it take to receive the test results?
- Online testing results are immediate. For paper testing, per the conditions of the CSU/UC MDTP agreement, our office strives to have test results available within two days of receipt of answer sheets. Please keep in mind that mail can take several days to get to our office. We can have test results mailed to you, or you are welcome to pick them up in Dutton Hall. Also please factor in weekends and holidays when anticipating turn-around times.
- Does my county work with the UC Davis MDTP site?
- The UC Davis site works with schools in the following counties:
If you do not see your school's county on this list, please visit http://mdtp.ucsd.edu/k12-users/regional-sites.html.
Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Yolo, Yuba
- Is the MDTP test helpful with changes to the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics?
- Yes! MDTP began developing readiness tests aligned to the new California Common Core Standards for Mathematics in 2013. MDTP has released Common Core aligned tests for students entering Grade 7 (7M40A15), Grade 8 (8M40A15), Algebra 1 or Integrated Math 1 (AMR45A19) Geometry (GR45A19) or Integrated Math 2 (ISR45A17), and Algebra 2(SR45A19 or Integrated Math 3 (ITR45A17). Currently MDTP is in the third year of field-testing in the Assessment of Preparedness for 6th Grade Mathematics (6M35D19) and the first year of field-testing the Mathematics Analysis Readiness Test (MR45D19). If you would like to participate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful Documents with 2019 updates: