Get to know the AATC! Something for every type of learner.
WHEN: September 15, 2020
WHO: Open to all UC Davis students, staff, and faculty
WHAT: Academic Assistance and Tutoring Centers (AATC) would like to invite you to get to know the team and the academic support services available for all undergraduate students. AATC offers classes, workshops, tutoring appointments, office hours, and writing across the disciplines serving 10,000 students a year.
Join us to find out:
- How do students sign up for services?
- What are the benefits of using academic support services?
- What is the difference between classes, workshops, and tutoring?
- What type of remote services are available?
Academic Assistance and Tutoring Centers (AATC) exist to help undergraduate students thrive at UC Davis and beyond. We provide an inclusive and interactive environment where students participate in reinforcing and retaining knowledge in multi-disciplinary writing, math, and science+ through co-curricular academic services provided by both professional staff and peer tutors. We strive to support students in developing the academic competence and confidence that will empower them to succeed at UC Davis.
- During the 2016-17 year, AATC served more than 30% of all undergraduate students at UC Davis
- AATC employs about 300 undergraduate students as tutors each year. The current tutor wage is over $15 per hour!
- Students use AATC services across all of their time at UC Davis; about 46% of the students served are in their 3rd or 4th year.